Here are yet more indications that were sent in when I asked folks for their best pretending-to-write ‘sign’:
32. You have Microsoft Word open and you’re fiddling with the styles to get one that’s “just right.”
33. You’re surfing the net-not aimlessly but for some really good examples of the kind of thing you’re trying to write.
34. You are reviewing your “to do” list just to make sure that you haven’t overlooked something that’s even more important than writing whatever it is you sat down to write.
35. I actually don’t sharpen pencils anymore (although I do sometimes refill both fountain pens, just in case!) Connie Knapp
36. I redo my calendar…I am back to using a written, paper calendar. I erase sloppy writing, add things for next year, rearrange the priority of lists for next week…
37. I also clean off the top of my desk, just in case it is not clean enough yet! Patti McClelland
38. You’re craving your second nap of the day. You can never get enough sleep when you’re avoiding a deadline (Ellen Williams)
Put yours in the comment section, please!!
Hey, we’re all in this together, right? If you would like to get inspiration, direction, and structure for your writing, join us for the upcoming tele-workshop & coaching event, “30 Articles in Just 30 Days.” Here’s where you can learn all the scoop:
You will see what others who have participated in previous events have to say. Check it out!
(c) 2009 by Meggin McIntosh, Ph.D., “The Ph.D. of Productivity”(tm). Through her company, Emphasis on Excellence, Inc., Meggin McIntosh works with bright people who want to be more productive so that they can consistently keep their emphasis on excellence. I’m thankful everyday.